There will be a fair number of house rules I’m sure, and they’ll all be posted on the wiki, for now there is just one. I’m replacing the Inspiration system with a Aspects system. You’ll choose three aspects, one has to be negative. During the game I can make you take disadvantage on a roll based on your aspect by giving you a token, you can use that token, based on your aspect, to get advantage on a roll.
- Everyone will start with one token.
- Aspects should be qualities, something cinematic. Some examples: (More Examples)
- If I haven’t been there I’ve read about it
- Not in the Face!
- Doesn’t Suffer Fools Gladly.
- I owe Old Finn everything.
- Smashing is always an option.
- A Sucker for a sob story.
- The Negative aspect has to be something that could be considered a disad in champions, i.e. DNPC, code of honor, etc.
- I will probably also give each combat an aspect which I can use in a similar way, for example if the room is cluttered I may give you disadvantage on acrobatics checks, similarly you could spend a token to get an advantage on stealth.
- I’ve put a copy of the Fate Corebook from which this system is taken on Dropbox
- It’s possible I’ll use the aspect to have the character do something you, as a player may not want to do. You’ll still definitely get a token in this case, and I will go by majority rule. If a majority of the players don’t think the aspect in question would lead to the action I’m suggesting than I’ll retract it, but then you won’t get the token either.
- This system does not replace alignment, but it will downplay it somewhat. But you could take an aspect like “REALLY Lawful Good” which would put your alignment back front and center.